Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
This position is responsible for the management of maintenance staff and all maintenance activities performed across all farming sites. This position is hands-on and manages all scheduled, proactive and reactive maintenance activities for machinery and vehicles ensuring all work is performed efficiently and is of a high-quality standard. This position ensures all machinery is running at its optimum capacity with careful consideration given to production requirements and limited downtime without compromising the safety of either the operator or maintenance personnel. The position is accountable for the safety of maintenance staff and contractors in accordance with WHS regulations and company policies and ensures all maintenance works are performed in a safe manner.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Ensure heavy focus is placed on continuous improvement of all mechanical processes to ensure maximum potential is achieved and best possible investment return is maintained.
- Responsible for the ordering of all required spare parts and maintenance equipment, ensure adequate stock is on hand and purchased at the cheapest available rate.
- Responsible for the management of regular services and planned schedule maintenance to prevent delays or breakdowns and ensure machinery is running at their optimum.
- Responsible for ensuring servicing and repairs are carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ warranties.
- Responsible for the management of reactive maintenance such as breakdowns to ensure repairs are carried out safely and efficiently and disruption times to the operations are kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate records and documentation of all maintenance works and repairs to ensure all records are accurate and updated in Maintenance software programs.
- Responsible for ensuring purchasing requirements are adhered to including preparing purchase orders in Navision and signing off on all invoices as required.
- Responsible for the management of preventative maintenance programs and activities.
- Ensure that the maintenance workshops are organised, well stocked and items are stored correctly and readily accessible and in conjunction with company 5s standards.
- Ensure that all vehicles serviced, repaired and maintained across the farming sites are in accordance with warranty and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure that any vehicle maintenance that is outside of the expertise and qualifications of the on-site mechanics is outsourced to accredited third parties and all relevant paperwork and service books are updated accordingly.
- Ensure that any vehicles under the NHVAS are serviced and maintained in accordance with the program with any non-conformances rectified.
- Responsible for ensuring CI activities relating to maintenance are prioritised each week.
To be successful in this role you will have a hands-on approach and possess a strong work ethic. You will have demonstrated experience managing all tasks involved with the planning, planting, growing and harvesting process. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels. Your leadership skills and your ability to make timely decisions, as well as your strategic thinking, will demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement. Your self-motivation, enthusiasm and vision will play an integral part in the planning and growth of our farming division.
This is a full-time permanent position with an attractive basic salary of $ 100,000-120,000 p.a + super and opportunities to grow in your career.
The salary will be based on skills and experience and may include vehicle allowance etc.