Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Diverse horticultural system
- Located in the Riverland Region
- Hands on leadership position
- Use of up to date technology and continuous improvement strategies
Established in 1972 the Mitolo Group is a successful and dynamic family owned business supplying potatoes and onions for sale in major Australian supermarket chains and produce markets nationally.
Managing substantial acreage in the Riverland region the farming sector of our business demonstrates a successful history with an even brighter future growth. Our success is attributed to the implementation of continuous improvement strategies and new innovated processes.
Assistant Farm Manager will be responsible for assisting in the operational management and improvement of multiple farms to ensure maximum yields and quality is met. Responsible for the day to day operational management of one farm reporting to the farm manager. You will oversee the full ground preparation, planting, growing and harvesting process and work in conjunction with our agronomy team to ensure their recommendations and inputs are effective.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ground preparation, planting, irrigation, fertilizer application, pest control, harvesting and grading ensuring maximum yield and quality are met for our potato/onion crops
- Operation of farming equipment, including but not limited to tractors and harvesters
- Centre pivot irrigation management
- Record keeping of all inputs and activities
- Managing farm Operators and casual graders at harvest time
- Monitoring of key quality controls, and meeting HACCP, and WHS requirements
To be successful in this role you will have a hands-on approach and possess a strong work ethic. You will have demonstrated experience managing all tasks involved with the planning, planting, growing and harvesting process. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels. Your leadership skills and your ability to make timely decisions, as well as your strategic thinking, will demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement. Your self-motivation, enthusiasm and vision will play an integral part in the planning and growth of our farming division.
We pride ourselves on our vision, values and quality
Our staff makes the difference
This is a full-time permanent position with an attractive basic salary of $ 70,000 – $80,000 plus super, plus company vehicle and opportunities to grow in your career.